Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Totally Neutral

Top: Anthropologie; Tank: Ann Taylor Loft;
Jeans & Belt: Ann Taylor; Shoes: Banana Republic;
 Bracelets & Earrings: Silpada; Ring: Tiffany's

I can't lie, this outfit was inspired by a sales girl at Anthropologie. She paired a drapey blouse in blush with white jeans and I loved how soft the look was. It was simple and lovely. So as I planned my outfit the night before, I thought about this top and hoped it wasn't as fitted as I remembered it to be. I held my breath as I slipped it on, pulling over my head as I'm not about to unbotton all of those buttons, and I was shocked that it fit and loosely!

This blouse comes with a gauzy self-belt but I opted for something different. Normally, I use the belt to keep the look streamlined, but I wanted a little extra something. I first tried just my thin metalic belt but I really loved the brown and cream print against the blush. It added just a hint of color without overpowering the delicate color. Also, I normally pair this with dark skinnies but I love it with the white jeans. I'm not sure why I never thought to pair it like this. I love being inspired by others great fashion!


All the accessories, and the shoes, have been worn before. The bracelets and earrings were seen here and the shoes have been worn mulitple times, seen here and here and here. Again, with the neutral color of the top I didn't want to add too many additional details. The whisps of fabric that flow along the neckline, along with the tiny tie, are really the focal point. I've had this top for years and it has stood the test of time as far as trends go.


As far as accessories goes, this little guy is my all time favorite! He can be worn with anything and truly compliments every outfit! Isn't he adorable?? Now that's the kind of man every woman needs on her arm or in them! 

No comments: