Monday, August 8, 2011

Starlight Star Bright

Friday night my husband and I had a long overdue date night! We haven't been out alone since April and that's terrible! We need to do a much better job of dedicating one night a month, at least, to getting out with one another. We headed to Starlight, an outdoor theater here in the metro, to see a friend of mine from high school perform the role of Tanya in "Mama Mia". She was fabulous just like she was in high school. Well, I'll admit, she's even better than she was in high school, but aren't we all?

Dress: Ann Taylor; Shoes: Tori Burch via Nordstrom;
All Jewelry: Silpada

It was a balmy evening due to rain that moved through earlier in the day so I went with a sundress. I have to admit, I was going to wear a sundress anyway, but which one was the question. I started out with all my maxi dresses and then decided to go strapless because you can't wear strapless to work! I wore this dress last summer to a Silpada event and not sure why I haven't worn it before now. I guess I could wear it to work and disguise the strapless with a shrug or denim jacket. Will have to experiment later this summer.

I decided to scratch heels. The last time I wore heels to Starlight I regretted the decision. The theater is racked so it can be steep at times. I remember teetering in my heels and slowly creeping down the aisles. Instead, I paired the dress with patent leather thongs. So much more comfortable this time around. I also paired it with my tiny Prada clutch, not pictured, and a shrug. Yes, I took a shrug. You never know if it might turn cool and you must always be prepared!


This is me and Jennifer after the show. She  invited us to tag along to a cast cookout after the show and we spent the next hour catching up over the last 20 years that have flown by! We both couldn't believe it had been that long. Thanks to Facebook for the re-connect! Hopefully, it won't be another 20 years before we see each other again. I won't even tell you how old I'll be then....


When you attend outdoor theater, do you tend to dress up as if you were going to the theater or go casual because after it all it is outdoors? I've always treated Starlight as theater and tend to go dressy. Now, if it's a concert, say Journey w/ Foreigner and Knight Ranger, then it's dressy jeans and a fun top. I've told my husband we need to be in attendance for the concert! You can never have too many 80s hair bands in one venue! "Don't stop believin'...."

No comments: