Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The New Rachel Zoe Collection

As most of you know, I love Rachel Zoe! I stumbled on her show during a marathon one afternoon several seasons ago and I've been a fan every since. I love to watch her style celebrities for red carpet events, style photo shoots for magazines and how she draws inspiration when shopping for her own clothing. Her aesthetic, Bohemian 60s with a mix of bold jewelry, is very dramatic yet so easy for everyone to achieve. She's famous for wide leg trousers/jeans and fur, which may not be for everyone, but she has truly mastered the look for herself.

That's why I love her new line. I saw a sneak preview, as did everyone else, when Neiman Marcus debuted her looks in mid July. Offered for us a pre-sale, you could have your very own Rachel Zoe look hanging in your closet by fall. Shopbop now offers her line as well and I'm obsessed. As Rachel would say, "It's Bananas!" Not only does she offer clothing, but she has also designed shoes and handbags. Here are just a few of my favorites...

One:
This cape is amazing! I love the dramatic collar, the leather trim, the turn lock "buttons" and classic khaki color. I would pair this with leggings and over-the-knee boots or skinny jeans and booties. Amazing!
Rachel Zoe Ali Wrap Collar Cape

Two:
This is classic Rachel Zoe! This faux fur vest is perfectly styled on the model and I'm pretty sure I have to "steal" this look.
Rachel Zoe Long Faux Fur Vest

Three:
The below military jacket and flared leg pants would make great separates, but also make a chic suit without looking "corporate". The jacket could be worn with jeans and a tank for "Casual Friday", dinners out or a weekend of shopping NY! How fabulous does that sound? For the pants, the options are endless.  Rachel Zoe Military Jacket

Rachel Zoe Angelica Wide Leg Pants

Four:
And let's be honest, who doesn't want a gown like this hanging in their closet? This tiered gown is incredible! I haven't a place to wear it, but I'm pretty sure standing at the kitchen sink doing dishes is totally appropriate! Don't you?
Rachel Zoe Ruffle Maxi Gown

Five:This bag is a take on the Birkin bag by Hermes and I love it! The camel and cream tone snake emboss make it lush and I love the hardware.
Rachel Zoe Zoe Snake-Embossed Tote

And finally:
These shoes are MAJOR! Look at the rich wine color! And that platform....Must. Have.
Rachel Zoe Suede Platform Pump

Take a look at the collection at both Neimen Marcus and Shopbop! Would you wear any of her pieces, if you could afford them? Do you think she makes a worthy designer? I know I do! Rachel, you are tops! Moi!

All photos of clothing courtesy of Shopbop.
Photos of handbag and shoes courtesy of Neimen Marcus.

No comments: