Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Who Wears Short Shorts...


Top: Anthropologie; Tank & Shorts: Ann Taylor Loft;
Belt: Target; Shoes: Jessica Simpson;
Bracelets: Ralph Lauren; Rings: House of Harlow via Gilt;
Shades: Prada

I honestly don't wear shorts very often. I hate my legs. I feel like I can't ever get shorts long enough to cover the upper thigh, and when I do, they are so long I feel matronly. When I bought the top a couple of weekends ago, I knew I needed to invest in some fun shorts. And since I don't own any outside of denim, I HAD to go shopping!

 I really wanted some solid ones in various colors, but I can never find what I'm looking for when I need it. Had I not wanted solid colored shorts, I would have found them in a rainbow of colors. I found a really cute pair in a metalic linen, but they didn't have my size. These happened to be the last pair I tried on and I have to say, I love them. They are a little short for me, but I am just going to have to embrace them and move on. Because of the mix of mustard and olive, they will look great with other tops as we hopefully transition into fall. And the shoe pairing is endless. A great investment and they were on sale to boot!


I so wished my coral belt had been larger. It would have been a great neutral. Alas, it was too small so I went with chocolate brown and gold. I actually loved pairing gold tones with this look. Just made it look a little more luxe. And what about that blow out? I have the best guy here in KS! Let me know if you need him! He's amazing!

No comments: