Thursday, August 4, 2011

Italian Villa

Twinset: Ann Taylor; Skirt: J.Crew;
Shoes: Jimmy Choo; CZ Necklace: Ann Taylor;
M Pendant: Lord & Taylor; Bangles: Ralph Lauren

Every time I wear this skirt I feel like I'm being transported to an Italian Villa and I so desperately want to sit down at one of those tables and have an espresso or latte. A glass of Prosecco would do the trick as well. Instead, I met my friend at Starbucks where we sat indoors, on leather sofas and chairs, in Overland Park! Who needs an Italian Villa!

Believe me when I tell you this outfit is OLD! I've had the sweater set and skirt for at least five years or longer. And believe me, it never gets old! I just love the setting on the skirt and the calming colors of the entire ensemble. Until yesterday, I've always paired this look with variations of pearls. I went out on a limb and added all gold. It was a great compliment and fun to actually try something new.

The shoe pairing is new as well. In the past, I've always reached for my cream, pearlized leather pumps, which I did yesterday morning, but decided the nude shoe really complimented the outfit better. And really, Jimmy Choo always compliments a look!


Do you have a "themed" item in your closet? I actually have several. I think it's all in how you pair it that keeps it modern and on trend.


Other than my husband, doesn't this little guy look like the best travel companion? And he's wearing his sailboats so he's ready for a voyage over seas! He's the best accessory to any look!!! 

No comments: