Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Watercolor

Dress: Ann Taylor Loft; Belt: from a different dress;
Shoes: Ann Taylor; All Jewelry: Silpada; Shades: Prada

I keep passing this dress by in my closet so last night I decided to play fashion show. This is game I play often. You go through your closet, try several pieces on and ask your husband how they looks. You know the drill. "Do I look fat in this?" "Do you like how it looks?" "Could I wear this to work?" This was one of the many items tested and it passed.

I love the muted tones even though the pink is a bright fuchia. It's not as harsh as some pinks can be. And the ruffled neckline and detail around the sleeve seem to float around me. The waist of the dress is just a simple elastic band that I spruced up with a belt. It just adds a little pop to the look.


Because the dress is so colorful, I wanted to keep my accessories simple. I love these multi-strand CZ necklaces. They go with everything and just add a little sizzle. And the earrings are so delicate and whimsical. You don't need much with such a powerful design.


I love a t-strap pump. They are so classic but the platform keeps them modern. Invest in a pair. I promise you, you will wear them with everything! This is my fourth pair because I keep wearing them out!


I hear tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 70s! Good grief! I haven't a clue what to wear but I will be inspired by the cool temps. In the mean time, hope you guys have a great day!


No comments: