Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Magic Jeans

Top: Ann Taylor; Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft;
Shoes: Guess via DSW; All Jewelry: Silpada

You know how Jack had magic beans? Well, I'm calling these my magic jeans!! I felt so thin all day Friday and it really helped put a spring in my step and I felt a little more confident all day. I read an article recently that quoted Rachel Zoe stating wide leg jeans are actually more slimming than the skinny version. I have to agree! I love my skinnies, but now for tall boots in the winter. I've decided it's wide leg all the way this winter!

 I got these jeans a couple of weeks ago during the Ann Taylor Loft Friends and Family sale, which also happened to be tax free weekend in MO, so I made out like a bandit! I love them so much that I'm going back for a second pair. I've said it before. If you find a jean that fits, and you love them, buy a second pair! One is always in the wash.

We were heading to dinner after work on Friday so I wanted something that would carry me from day to night. That's what's so great about dark denim. They are dressy enough for work and play. The top was purchased in early spring and I haven't been able to wear until now. I couldn't believe that it finally fit, and because of the draping around the bodice, it continued that slender look that the jeans were giving me. A win/win all the way around!


I toyed with wearing rose gold jewelry but those shell earrings caught my eye. A perfect tone for the champagne color of the top. Not sure if you can see it, but the earrings have tiny CZ's scattered at the bottom. Just a nice little touch of bling. I paired my square bangles with my mother-of-pearl bangle and I love how the different textures and angles hung off my wrist. And check out that statement ring! Every girl needs one in her jewelry collection.


We had a great time at dinner with our dear friend and McKinley was enamored by all of the things to look at in the restaurant. And he loved the live jazz music. Again, he was a dream. We were blessed with the best baby ever! 


2 comments:

Mandy Fleenor said...

Love this look! I know it's simple, like I am, but it really is a great look!

Style My Way said...

Thanks Mandy! I think simple is key at times, especially when the drape of the top is so dramatic! Plus, the shoes were a little crazy, but hidden well by the jean!