Thursday, August 4, 2011

North Eastern Seaboard

  
Shirt & Pants: Ralph Lauren; Shoes: Camper via Habitat Shoe Boutique;
Belt: Ann Taylor; Bangles & CZ Necklace: Silpada;
Rings: House of Harlow 1960 via Gilt;
Sharks Tooth Necklace: F21; Sunglasses: Prada

I actually planned this outfit when coming off the elevator yesterday at work. I haven't a clue where the idea came from, I just immediately thought of this top and yellow shoes and decided to pair them with the white cargos. I feel like I should be heading to a clam bake in the Hamptons or visiting lighthouses in Maine. Plus, with it being a little overcast this morning it reminded me of fog rolling in off the bay. If only...

The newest fade in jewelry, from what I can tell, is sharks teeth. I picked up this little guy for $1.50! That's, right, $1.50! I've always said, don't spend a lot on trends. And even though it was only $1.50, it doesn't look it. Plus, I've paired with a some what pricey piece to help jazz it up. Actually, I've worn these pieces together several times they've just never been photographed until now. I love the shark tooth. Now, if only I could find my mom's bracelet that has actual sharks teeth charms. She found them on the beachs of the Outer Banks years ago and had them attached to a small bangle. It is really an awesome piece. Mom, do you know where that is??


I continue to mix and match my funky and somewhat conservative pieces of jewelry. I am loving the lightening bolt design of the House of Harlow 1960 stacked rings. These are the two silver pieces. I so wish I could wear all five together, but they don't fit my finger as one solid piece. And, I think these new bangles from Silpada are so great! Incredible versatile, light weight, great price point and can be paired with so many other pieces. Great investment! (How many times can I use the word great?)


Do you plan your wardrobe out in advance or just wake up that morning and pick something that looks like it might work? I'm a planner these days and so glad I'm doing so! I feel so much better about myself when I leave the house. Just a bit of confidence when facing the day!

No comments: