Tuesday, August 30, 2011

These Again??


Top: Ann Taylor Loft; Pants: Ralph Lauren; Belt: ??
Shoes: John Fluevog via Habitat Shoe Boutique;
Necklace: Silpada; Cuff: My Mom's; Shades: Prada

That's right, I'm wearing my white cargos AGAIN! Like I said last week, I'm trying to get in all my white and summery pieces in before next week. After Monday, I'm making the transition to fall. I've even started the transition within my closet. Going to put them back in their storage boxes and they will make their way to our unit this weekend.

Until then... I am so glad I went for comfort yesterday. I had a long morning of meetings followed by a dentist appointment and a doctor's appointment for McKinley. I felt like I was on the run all afternoon and this loose, breezy outfit was perfect. I purchased the chambray top back in March and didn't wear it because of post pregnancy weight. Then we moved right into summer and it was too hot to wear. Yesterday gorgeous and a perfect day for 3/4 sleeves. 

This top feels like a painters smock that we used to wear in elementary school. Remember when you had to take an old shirt for class? Do kids do that anymore? With the boxy fit, I decided to reduce the tops volume by adding a belt. I'm really into belting tops these days. I just love how they minimize my waist. And the metallic color was a nice accent.


Love these shoes! I'm thinking I might be able to wear them for about another month because of the denim blue and bone details. Had they been stark white, they would have been moved to the basement shoe storage closet. We'll see though. I have so many fall shoes that these might not make the cut. Stay tuned.

As for chambray, do you think it's a fabric that can be transitioned to fall? Because the buttons are a white wash I'm just not sure. Maybe layered under a sweater? I'll play around and see what I can come up with. I don't know about you but I am so ready to move into fall! My favorite time of year!


No comments: