Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Crystal Blue Persuasion

Dress: Michael Kors via Rue La La; Shoes: Banana Republic;
All Jewelry: Silpada; Shades: Prada

No, you aren't seeing things incorrectly, there is only one sleeve to this dress and that's why I love it! The asymmetrical design has been on trend for several seasons now, but even if it weren't, I wouldn't part with this dress. The colors, the flow, the fit all make for a great piece. And, it is work appropriate but could easily be worn to dinner, parties and other social events. It's nice to have something other than the LBD to reach for in your closet.

When I tried it on at the beginning of the month it didn't fit. The lining was snug in all the wrong places and I was thoroughly depressed. I played fashion show that night before, trying to decide how to end my week of summer clothing, and decided to give it one more try. So glad I did! It fits again!! There isn't tons of room, but I felt like it wasn't so snug that I couldn't get away with it.


I purchased this dress last season and wore it once before the summer was over. I paired it with the same silver shoes but added a wide chain linked necklace. I like the delicateness of the three layered CZ necklaces. It doesn't compete with the amazing fabric. If you look closely, doesn't the design remind you of peacock feathers? You know, when their tail is fanned out? The colors are gorgeous, reminding me of the crystal blue waters for Jamaica.


I'm constantly trying to think of new ways to style my outfits. I'm thinking I will remove the self-belt and add my thin metallic one next time. Or something in a contrasting blue would be fun. As for the shoes, they would need to stay neutral. A black pump would be too heavy. I do like the silver. It's like wearing a nude shoe since it doesn't pull focus from the dress. I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it! In the mean time, on to the next last of summer looks...

No comments: