Monday, August 29, 2011

White - Day to Night

Top: Ann Taylor Loft; Jeans: Ann Taylor;
Shoes: Rachel Comey via Habitat Shoe Boutique
Ring: Silpada; Shades: Prada

Saturday was an uber busy day! We had a full morning of putting together McKinley's Baby Einstein play center, multiple feedings, a nap, a bath (for all of us) and finally an outing. I wanted to take my white jeans from day to night, as I was attending the Heart/Def Leppard concert later than night, so I am showing you my way of styling white jeans from day to night.

It was warm on Saturday, warmer than I was expecting, so I'm glad I wore this thin top. I've worn it before but the lighting was bad and the detail didn't turn out as well. I believe I paired it with boyfriend jeans and flats. I love the pale gray with the white jeans. I've enjoyed the softer colors with bright white versus loud colors you typically think to wear.

I originally tried a pale gray flat, but the jeans were just long enough that I needed a heel. Instead of stilettos for errand running, I thought these little gems were perfect! Great support without being terribly dressy. I can't wait to transition these shoes into fall with tights, skirts and dresses.


What does one pair with white jeans when heading to an 80s rock concert WITHOUT looking like you're trying to re-live your youth? Oh, and that said rock concert is Def Leppard? Why, leopard print, of course! I can't believe I had such a hard time deciding when the answer was so obvious! Sorry for the pour lighting. By the time we headed out to the concert it was too late to try and snap a photo and we couldn't find a decent place to take once we got there. Here is a better photo of the top. (Scroll toward the bottom of the post)

Top & Jeans: Ann Taylor; Shoes: Marc by Marc Jacobs

Here is a photo of Def Leppard performing "Love Bites" my second favorite love ballad from this era. I will never forget the first time I heard in the summer of 1987! Nothing like reminiscing about being 13 again! Ah memories!!!


No comments: