Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back to the Grind

Jumpsuit: BCBGeneration via Mac's; Shoes: Banana Republic;
Necklace: Ann Taylor Loft

Today was my first day back to work after 12 weeks of maternity leave. It was one of the hardest day I've had to face in a long time! I cried all last night, and on the way to work, and my eyes are paying the price. They are so swollen, however, I did find that it was easy to apply eyeliner this morning. My lids were puffed up and ready for easy application! The other thing I'm noticing about my face today is how fat it is!!! The puffy, naturally curly hair helped hide the plumpness! Note to self, don't straighten hair until you've lost the last 10 pounds of pregnancy weight!

I wore this jumpsuit several times last year and still love it! I am so happy that it fits! Jumpsuits, like rompers, are another simple piece to add to your wardrobe. Again, your top and bottom are already decided for you, it's how you style it that's fun. I purchased this amazing necklace over the summer and have only worn it once. I love the liquid appearance and how it's a little Native American in design. What I don't love about it is how I keep losing beads! For the price, it's pretty poor workmanship. I've already lost four strands and that was before noon!

Also, the only other pieces I wore are a ring and my charm bracelet. Because the necklace has such weight and character, you don't want to take away from its look. Remember, less is more!!


I've actually paired these shoes with this jumpsuit every time I've worn it. I need to break out of my shell a little! Maybe next time I'll wear black pumps. I'm not sure how I would like flats with this look. It make cause it to look frumpy with the baggy pants and drop waist. Looks like I need to play around a little to see what I like best. As most of you know, I'm a stiletto girl!


These peep toes have been around the block. Check out how I wore them here.

No comments: