Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday Office Parties

With the holidays rapidly approaching, I’ve started to assemble some party outfits in my mind! Putting them down on paper is so much easier than putting them on and loving the look immediately! I usually make minor changes or I’ll change the outfit completely. So, as I was thinking about my own dressing dilemmas, I thought you might like to see some ideas I put together to help us all dress festively for the holidays. Each day I will provide a holiday party scenario and my thoughts around the perfect ensemble!


Office Holiday Parties


Look One:


It’s hard to dress for an office party. You want to look professional and dress accordingly, but you also want to look like your heading to a party. I paired basic black pants with a cream and gold blouse that is pretty but professional. I love the gathered material. This will help create the illusion of a waist, something we all want defined. I kept the shoes neutral. You want the top to be the focal point of the outfit. I did, however, go with a more detailed handbag. I couldn’t resist the feather clutch. Feathers are so in right now so I wanted to pull that into the look. I love the bronze, crystal earrings and wrap bracelet. Those muted tones won’t compete with the gold within the blouse. I call this look Polished.


Work Holiday Party


Look Two:


I love this look and would wear it to more than just an office holiday party. Winter white is one my favorite colors to wear in the winter and paired with gray pants the look is so chic. I love the lace dolman top. It’s dressy without being over the top. To add color to the look, I paired it with burgundy, suede pumps that I think I might purchase for myself. The metallic gray clutch ties in well with the gray pants but adds just a little sparkle. I liked the idea of pearls but I didn’t want something too cliche. I opted for pearl drop earrings and a chunky, pearl bracelet. This look is tough but feminine and I call it Leather and Lace.


Office Holiday Party 

No comments: