Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Winter White




Coat: Tulle; Sweater coat: A Holiday Mart Boutique several years ago; Leggings: INC International Concepts; Boots: Jessica Simpson; Beret: Mitzy London’s Boutique; Gloves: JC Penney


With the first flakes of the season falling this morning, I felt like I had the perfect outfit assembled! I am a huge fan of sweater coats and you will see a lot of those in the months ahead. They are great layering pieces on days like today when temps are freezing outside and not much warmer indoors. Office buildings are the worst and mine is no exception. Sweater coats work well with almost any bottom: jeans, leggings, dress pants, long skirts and the ever comfy velour sweatpants.


Today I paired mine with leggings and tall boots. I didn’t want a lot of bulk, since I’m creating that all on my own, and I like how it came together. When deciding which overcoat to wear, I originally reached for my long, black coat and decided at the last minute to go with my cream, knee length instead. I am a huge fan of winter white and I love the retro feel of this coat. With turned up cuffs, mandiran collar and a great swing to the bodice, I feel like I just stepped out of the 60s. I thought that black gloves and cream beret were a nice contrast but played well off the cream and black of my outfit. I am also a huge fan of hats in the winter so you will see those cropping in future photos as well. I am definitely ready to take on winter!

No comments: