Friday, December 3, 2010

Informal Holiday Parties

Its day three of the holiday party creations and today I am focusing on informal holiday parties. My holiday parties are generally on the informal side. I want my guests to eat, drink and be merry and not worry about getting all gussied up for the affair! With that being said, you can still dress up denim! I have created two looks with one pair of dark, skinny jeans and I would wear either of them. The looks aren’t limited to parties either. Dinners out, jeans day Fridays and possibly New Year’s, depending on the locale. For work, change out the clutch for an every day bag and maybe make the jewels a little less dressy.


Informal Holiday Parties


Look One:


When I think holidays, I think shimmer! I love a little sparkle during this festive time of year and this look doesn’t disappoint! I paired dark, skinny jeans with a black, t-neck body suit but a fitted t-neck would work just fine. I added the charcoal gray shrug for the feel of a sweater but it won’t create as much bulk. This shrug would also look great with black or gray pants. I liked the nude booty versus a plain black heel. The booty keeps the look casual and keeps the focus on the shrug. Add a hint of color with a purple clutch but keep the jewels in the silver tone of the shrug. I loved the look of the multi-bangles and diamond hop earring. Again, it’s dressy without being too formal and I call it Holiday Shimmer!


Holiday Party


Look Two:


I created another shimmering outfit using the same skinny jeans as the look above. Sequined tanks are huge right now and I love the look of silver against dark denim. I added tall, gray suede boots to the look to keep the look casual. You could add black or nude heels, but it would dress up the look just a touch. Again, I added color to the look by carrying a teal clutch that’s so pretty with its swirls of ruffles. The chained cuff toughens up the look but the diamond studs add a little femininity. If you wanted to wear this look to work, again carry an every day handbag and add a black blazer. Remove the blazer for dinner and drinks after work. So simple yet so chic and I call the look Silver Bells.


Holiday Party


I have had a blast creating these looks and I can’t wait to see what you all put together for the holiday season. I will post pics of my outfits as I attend several parties this season as well. Seasons Greetings!

No comments: