Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holiday Cocktail Parties

Today is day two of my holiday party creations and I’m exploring the wonderful world of cocktail parties. Cocktail party attire can run the gamut, however, I tend to go a little dressier. I like the iconic imagine of a typical 1950s couple attending a party of their neighbors dressed in their finery for the occasion. I tend to wear black because it’s a blank canvas. I can dress it up or down with either jewelry or sassy shoes. Again, I’ve pulled together two looks.


Holiday Cocktail Parties


Look One:


This dress screams iconic 1950s with a modern twist. The draping of the fabric on the skirt is more modern than your standard A-Line and I love the exaggerated bow at the waist and plunging neckline. This dress is so dramatic that you don’t need a lot of accessories. I went for velvet, burgundy heels, stacked crystal bracelets, simple diamond studs and a classic clutch. This would be a great New Years outfit as well. This look brings me such joy and I call it 50s Chic.


Holiday Cocktail Party


Look Two:


There is nothing better than the LBD, Little Black Dress, and every woman should own one. The most classic little black dress is a sheath. Debuted by Coco Chanel in 1926 within the pages of Vogue, the LBD has never gone out of style. Here, I paired this simple sheath with nude, wedge heels. Another item every woman should own. A nude heel, worn with bare legs, will lengthen the legs appearance and who doesn’t want supermodel legs! I added a crystal bib necklace, another item that’s been popular for a couple of seasons, and fun, gray fur clutch. That’s all you need! This look isn’t just for the holidays either. It is perfect for a night at the theater, dinner, New Years or even a wedding. I call it Sophistication!





Holiday Party


No comments: