Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Top 10 Must-Have Beauty Items

I’ve been reading through Lucky Magazines 10th anniversary issue and all of their top 10 lists. It has inspired me to create my own top 10 lists and today’s post is the top 10 beauty items I can’t live without. 


1) Olay Daily Facial Express Wipes - I need a quick cleansing regimen for evening and this is the solution! The wipes take every stitch of makeup off without leaving a residue. It also contains a light Olay moisturizer but you can apply your own, if needed. They also come in sensitive skin.


2) Clinique Tinted Moisturizer - I am not a fan of foundation and only use it for special occasions. For daily use I rely on tinted moisturizer. This is a lightweight cream-gel moisturizer that’s great for oily skin, sheer upon application and provides an SPF 15. I’ve tried others and this is my favorite.


3) Clinique High Definition Mascara - This brush/comb combo was named ELLE Genius in 2008 and they weren’t kidding! I’ve shopped every brand and style of mascara and this one gives me the thickness and fullness that I’ve always wanted. Worn alone or with everyday eye shadow, it’s a must-have!


4) Eyelash Curler - I’ve been using a Sonia Kashuk eyelash curler for awhile now but would like to make a leap to the shu uemura curler. This particular curler is used by makeup artists and claims to achieve the perfect curl. Regardless of the brand, add this to your regimen!


5) MAC Lipglass  - I use Lovechild and Young Thing which are universal colors. The gloss is not too sticky and leaves your lips feeling soft. Lipglass comes in a WIDE array of colors. Stop by your local MAC counter and try them on to find the right shade for you. 


6) MAC Eye Shadow in Carbon - I use this as my eyeliner and it is the best liner I’ve ever used! Applied with an angled eyeliner brush, the line goes on perfectly every time and it’s a smooth application. If you are looking for the best, fool-proof black liner, this item is for you! 


7) MAC Paints - This eye shadow primer is a must-have! If you have ever experienced the caked eye shadow in the crease of your lid at the end of the day look, run out and get this paint. The primer creates a canvas for your eye shadow and locks it in place. It’s great without shadow as well for a natural look. Just apply mascara and you’re good to go! I use the color Untitled for a more pearlized look.


8) OPI Nail Color in You Don’t Know Jacques! - If you aren’t ready to take on the celebrity induced black, which I happen to adore, then go for this Greige color. A cross between gray and beige, it creates a nice neutral on your nails. I’ve been using it for about a year and love it! It’s great for summer when you’re tired of fuschias and berries and want to make that change to dark. 


9) Rosebud Salve - My first tin of Rosebud Salve was given to me by great-grandmother as child, that’s how long this stuff has been around! It is truly an all round product. It’s a great lip balm that leaves a soft hint of color, a dry skin healer and it claims too heal diaper rash. The tin itself is darling and the scent is soft. A perfect gift for your girlfriends. Available at Sephora. 


10) Dry Shampoo - As I mentioned in my Hair Care Secret post, dry shampoo is awesome! I’ve used several brands and they all work. I just recently purchased Tresemme’s Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for curly hair. I will keep you posted on the results. 


There you have it! Those are  my top 10 beauty must-haves. Anything I left off the list? 

No comments: