Thursday, March 27, 2014

Deep Thoughts and a Lot of Red

Coat: J.Crew; Leather Top: Piperlime; Top: J.Crew (gift); Pants: J.Crew Factory;
Booties: Rebecca Minkoff; Necklaces: Silpada/Ann Taylor/ Dogeared; Handbag: Pour LaVictoire;
Shades: MARC by Marc Jacobs; Nail Color: Essie Watermelon

There are days weeks where I struggle with my personal style. It's like I've lost my voice or vision of who I think I am. I get so caught up in this whole "keeping up with the bloggers" tunnel vision that I forget to just dress for me. This look, for example, is one of those lost days. 

I attended the Grand Opening of the ULTA store in the Aspen Square shopping center Tuesday night and I struggled all morning with what to wear. It's cold again, but I'll be damned if I'm going to put on another wool sweater! This dressing for spring when it's still winter is a huge challenge. I opened my closet door and stared blankly at the contents. I felt like I had nothing cool to wear. You know, nothing that read trendy, chic, or grand opening in anyway. So I just started reaching for pieces and put this look together. Did I love it? Not really? But I just went for it.



Turns out, others thought this look was great! I got so many compliments whether it was on the red pant or the vegan leather top or the look as a whole. And, when a makeup artist out of NY tells you they love your style, well you know you've hit the jackpot!



The Leather Top: Before and After

http://akstylemyway.blogspot.com/2013/04/styling-leather-again.html

 

I know there will be days like this in the future, but I have to remember that I'm dressing for me at the end of the day morning. If it doesn't look like what other bloggers are wearing, that's okay. We are all individuals doing this personal style blogging thing. And really, the whole world would be really boring if we all dressed exactly alike!

Happy Thursday!
XOXO

No comments: