Wednesday, March 19, 2014

KCFW - Saturday Afternoon Runway Shows


 Saturday afternoon was a beautiful day in Kansas City both outside and in! With temps soaring in the 70s, it was only appropriate that L.O.D. opened the show with gorgeous tropical prints that gave us all a sense of being in paradise! I loved the use of banana leaves, various hues of green, vibrant yellows, and accents of gold jewels. The maxi dress is my favorite, but I also love the little skirt and yellow top.

 
 
 


Look at the amazing detail in this top! The structure is so unique. 


Makes me long for sun, sand, and better abs!

 

Andrea Marie Long Designs was as far away from summer prints as you could get, however I loved every use of fur (real or faux) throughout the show. Capelets, hoods, tweeds, and plaids were also on full display, and even though we are leaving winter behind, it's kind of exciting to think about wearing these pieces later in the year.   


Look at the lining in this hooded cape? Looks luxurious and so chic! And I love that belt.

 

I'm a huge fan of a fur vest, as you know from previous posts. What I love about this one is the length and slightly less volume than most of my own.





I am not currently in the market for a full on gown, but I loved the ones from Oblivion Clothing Designs. The use of texture throughout the collection is what caught my eye, and I loved the hair! Big, bold, bouffants that were so chic and very avant-garde.


 
A modern day spin on a classic 80s Barbie is what I got from this look. And who doesn't love pants under a ballgown! If it had pockets, I would buy it in an instant!



 

 

 

I loved every minute of my Saturday afternoon! And who wouldn't? Talented designers, fashionable bloggers all around me, and a gorgeous backdrop that is Union Station. I couldn't wait to see what the evening had in store!

No comments: