Friday, March 21, 2014

KCFW - Saturday Evening Runway Shows

 The Saturday evening shows for KCFW were amazing! It ran the gamut of structured, feminine, avant-garde, and everyday wear. There were pieces that immediately caught my eye, or as soon as the model turned, it grabbed my attention from the back! You gotta love a look that has you coming and going. Here are a few of the looks, and designers, I loved.

The looks from Architexture were full of just that, texture. The folds, the gathers, and the draping were so detailed. And I loved the movement that the collection created. Some illusion, some full on flow.


 



House of Cochon was filled with futuristic, avant-garde, and dramatic looks that Lady Gaga, Madonna, Beyonce, and Kesha could wear on the red carpet or on stage! 





 Koko Clemence was that designer that had the head spinning effect. Every look had something coming and going. The use of basket weave was amazing, the drapey fabrics looked so comfy and chic, and I love that there was a jumpsuit and a romper within the collection!




This romper is darling! I love the details throughout and just look at the back! See what I mean?!




The final show of the evening was by designer Laura Kathleen. For all you Project Runway watchers, she was on Season Nine and Season Two of Project Runway All Stars. Her collection was chic, sophisticated, and offered something for everyone. And, I would wear every single piece!


 

Did I mention I ordered these pants? Oh, and did I tell you Laura Kathleen herself told me my butt looked good in them? She's a good sales girl!





I had the most wonderful time at my first KC Fashion Week! I loved spending the day among fashionable people, talented designers, and exploring a new eye for fashion. I've made some new friends, contacts for future events, and learned some new techniques in the world of my photography. (I'm hoping I've made my dad proud as well.) Thanks for coming along for the journey! I hope you've enjoyed a birds eye view!

Next up? Taking runway to real life. Can't wait!!

No comments: