Friday, March 14, 2014

Dream to Reality - Attending Fashion Week


I don't believe this is new information, but one of my personal goals is to attend New York Fashion Week. It's an invite that's nearly impossible for a blogger like me to obtain, but I will continue to strive toward my dream.

Today, I am happy to announce that last Friday I received an email from the Director of Media for Kansas City Fashion Week asking me if I would be interested in attending our local fashion week as media! That's right, I get to attend KCFW, go behind the scenes to all the events, take photos, meet other bloggers (and possibly designers), and cover it for my blog!! I am so honored to be asked and so excited for the opportunity. I can't wait to meet other bloggers, which I think is so important in feeling involved in the community and to help mentor each other for blogging growth. To possibly meet some of the designers and see their visions come to life is incredible. And, I'm definitely ready to take on a new challenge with my photography and writing skills.

It all started with a Kick Off at Standard Style last night, a local boutique in town that is known for edgy, trendy, and designer clothing. Signature drinks serving up Kansas Clear Whiskey (the Kansas Twister was amazing), a meet and greet with Laura Kathleen from Project Runway that turned into an amazing conversation about fashion and design, which led to a fitting session! I purchased the pants and my sweet mom purchased the capelet. All coming at the end of summer!! 

Here are some photos from the Kick Off!

    



So good! Would love to recreate this at home!


Here are some of the incredible pieces from Laura Kathleen's line. She has a studio out of St. Louis, but all pieces are made in Brooklyn!


Yes, those are people within the fabric. So cool!




A python print jumpsuit that every girl needs in her closet!



A neoprene and canvas capelet is a must!


Did I mention this is coming my way as well....

 
 

Even my mom got in on the action!




 A post is coming about my look! I have been working all week on my wardrobe and it's been a huge challenge! I want to look trendy, classic, chic, and still remain true to my fashion esthetic. But at the same time, this is the time to take fashion risks! Here's hoping what I've put together are winners! In total, I will have four looks, each one as involved as the next!

Next week will be dedicated to the shows, the events, a behind the scenes look, my looks, and how to take runway to real life. It's going to be packed full of exciting things! I really hope you check back next week and relive the journey with me! 

Happy Friday Everyone! And cheers to KCFW!
XOXO

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love the recap, bummed I missed you last night! See you Saturday at the show :)

26 and Not Counting