Thursday, October 31, 2013

Leaving on a Jet Plane - What I Packed!


We are on our way! We're goin' back to Cali and I am so excited! I can't say I'm excited about turning 40, but it's better than the alternative. And, I'm older and wiser, right? Okay, I'm just plain older!
However, just because I'm turning 40 doesn't mean I am not stylin', in my opinion only! So I've tried to pack accordingly. I can't wait to show you my creations! I have to admit, I didn't pack as many repeats as I would like, but that's okay. It's my birthday, right? I am repeating shoes and a leather jacket. That counts for something.
We fly out on Halloween so I have to sport the appropriate colors! Orange and black it is! I've paired skinnies with my orange Kate Spade cardigan, a white tank or v-neck t-shirt, and a black blazer to keep warm on the plane. (I freeze on planes!) I'm wearing my Rebecca Minkoff booties because they are so easy to pull on and off during security and, they go with a couple of other looks for the trip. And speaking of Halloween, McKinley has the most adorable sweater for the day! I'm packing his costume for later in the evening because he will trick-or-treat!

On Friday, we are headed to Disneyland and I don't know who's more excited, me or McKinley? We have been prepping him for the experience. We started with the Johnson County Fair by riding our first rides at a small fair. We headed to World's of Fun later in the summer and Camp Snoopy was amazing! He had a blast and we loved watching him. Now, he's telling us how he's going to tell Mickey and the gang "hi"! How adorable is that!!! 

We have been told to wear light layers so layers it is! I'm starting with a tank and v-neck sweater and adding a fun scarf and leather jacket. As it warms up, I can remove the jacket and push up the sweater sleeves. I plan to live in boyfriend jeans, so comfy, and these new Converse tennies that feel like I'm walking on clouds! I got them on sale at DSW over the weekend! On sale and an additional 40% off the sale price. Gotta love that! Oh, and they are a repeat shoe for the trip!


Saturday we are taking a drive to San Diego to visit the zoo. I can't wait for this. This was on my Forty Before 40 list and so hope I really get to check it off! Fingers crossed. I plan to wear boyfriend jeans, a light-weight, pullover sweater, tank, and navy scarf with darling birds! Again, I'm wearing the Converse tennies and leather jacket!  


Sunday is my birthday and we're heading to Rodeo Drive! I just thought it would be fun to walk around, window shop at places I love but can't afford, share a bottle of champagne with all of my family and just relax! Doesn't that sound like the best day? It does to me! I am going to sport my Chanel inspired sweater/jacket from Ann Taylor. Remember when I blogged about it during my Dream to Reality Friday? I thought I would pair it with a light t-neck, faux leather shorts and my Rebecca Minkoff booties. And how luxe does my necklace look? Super chic! If it's too cool for shorts, I will pair it all with my skinnies.


For dinner, we are heading to Newport Beach and dining at the Coliseum Pool and Grill at the Pelican Hill Resort. It's a gorgeous resort and I thought the terrace that over looks the pool, golf course and ocean sounded like a dream! And, they have a kids menu which is perfect for McKinley. I think everyone in our party will find something to their liking. I had originally thought of wearing these, but I have decided to go a completely differnt direction. I got a gorgeous black, leather dress for my birthday and I thought the Ann Taylor sweater would look awesome over it! And, if it's too cool for the dress, I will wear my Rachel Zoe winter white pant suit. Either way, I don't think I can go wrong!


 How fabulous are the shoes? Another early birthday gift that will be stunning with either look! 


Monday we are heading to Santa Monica to play on the Pier! And, I am meeting up with my college friend Brandy who I haven't seen in 20 years! I honestly can't wait!!! This is one of the looks I have in mind, but I'm waiting for these pants to arrive. If they do, I plan to pair them with my sleeveless black t-neck, denim jacket and booties. And, of the look I don't wear to Santa Monica, I will wear it home. This Old Navy sweatshirt has been a great investment. I wore it again last week, not photographed, and I thought this time around it would be cute paired with a denim button down and jeans. And those booties, can't get enough of them!


And that's it! I hope I've packed appropriately for activities and weather! My biggest beef with travel is not having my closet handy. However, there are stores all around us and things I might just have to buy! I love vacay! 


2 comments:

Peggy M. said...

Do you have a link for those Converse sneakers? I never saw that style before and I really like them!!

Style My Way said...

Peggy! So glad you liked to Converse sneaks! They were so comfy. I got mine on clearance at DSW. Here is the link.

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/converse+jack+purcell+helen+sneaker+-+womens?prodId=235915&activeCats=dsw2cat40002,dsw12cat540001,dsw11cat410004