Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Rebecca Minkoff - It's a Girl Thing



Last Thursday night my mom and I attended an event at Halls Plaza in honor of Rebecca Minkoff called It's a Girl Thing. We had such a great time! We mingled, drank, ate and shopped. Oh, and I met the simply, lovely Rebecca Minkoff! I've been a fan for years, owning only handbags but admiring her entire line, and couldn't wait to get a glimpse of her in real life. She is gorgeous, incredibly chic and so nice! I was star-struck. But we made conversation easily. She told me she loved my bag (I was carrying one of hers), chatted about a sample sale in NY where I purchased my first bag and how she owned the booties I purchased that evening in brown.
 
 
I couldn't stop admiring her! Dressed in head-to-toe black, she screamed sophistication. Clad in a pleated, short leather skirt, simple black tee and adorable floral heels, I wanted everything she was wearing. Including this amazing silver bracelet adorned with chains. I've been searching the internet frequently in hopes of finding it! And like I said earlier, so nice!
 

The event was awesome! There were signature cocktails, hors d'oeuvre, the most adorable handbag cookies, an amazing array of pieces from her collection which was inspired by space, and a huge piece of art designed by a local Kansas City artist that shoppers signed as a thank you to Rebecca. And, I met follow Kansas City blogger, Jana! We "met" on Twitter over our excitement for the event. Love that I actually got to meet her in person.

 


You can see the details of her inspiration within the design. The arm of this coat reflects that of an astronaut suit.

 
This dress is darling! I love the fabric and the mystery behind it. And the low back was a showstopper!


Notice the star outline in the quilting? Almost resembles a rocket ship as well.

 
These cookies were darling and so yummy! And the drink was perfection. Nothing like a little Prosecco and raspberries on a Thursday night!

 
I loved this bootie, until I found the perfect one below! I liked that it wasn't suede throughout, allowing for longer wear. And the gold studs added the right amount of pop!


Every girl needs a cross-body bag in her collection! I love the array of colors and the mass of gold chains!

 

The olive green sandal on the left almost made it's way home with me, but I went for a practical bootie. I can't wear sandals too much longer and I didn't want to have to wait until spring to wear it again! However, it is the perfect neutral with black and white!

 
Leopard, leopard, leopard! I love the tennis shoe! What a great way to wear tennies without looking like you are!


And here we are. She's signing the bootie I purchased!

 LOVE!


The Graffiti Wall was so cool! Here was my message to her.


And last but not least, the booties! They are amazing. I love the textured leather, the ankle strap and the heel height. Perfect with skinnies, skirts, shorts and dresses! Definitely a shoe that I will keep for years! 

 
"XO Rebecca Minkoff"! Right back at ya!


 Thanks to Halls for hosting such an amazing event. Here's to many more!

Stay tuned for what I wore to the event and how I've styled the bootie!
 
 

No comments: