Thursday, January 13, 2011

Would You Wear These Trends?

Quite often people.com runs a poll of “Would You Wear These Trends” and I like to browse through the celebrity pictures so see where trends might be going. While browsing through the trends this week, I found several that I either currently rock or have in the past. Below is a photo montage of some the looks I’ve worn that are currently considered trendy by People.


Fuzzy Vests:


I’ve been into fuzzy vests since I started watching The Rachel Zoe Project. I purchased my first one a couple of years ago at the Limited and love it. It’s sleeveless in caramels and browns. I purchased another one this year that is more of a caplet style with short sleeves. I love the contrast between the butter yellow and black. Both are super warm on cold winter days and look great with both jeans and pants. 



Two-Tone Shoes:


I have several two-tones shoes and I wear them often. They are a nice contrast with some looks and help pull everything together in others. These brown on brown shoes are a prime example. I also have a great pair of black/white spectators and of course the new Rachel Comey shoes I purchased last week. Once it warms up around here, I plan to pull them out!




Navajo Prints:


I sported a “tribal” sweater last month and though it’s not truly Navajo in design, I think it compliments the trend. I do remember a Navajo wrap skirt I owned in high school. It was predominately red and black and very Southwestern. I wore with it with either a simple black t-neck, tucked in, or with my black bodysuit and black boots. Super chic!



Belted Dresses:


Why would you second guess this trend? It’s a great way to add color to a sheath dress and create a defined waist. Some dresses come with self-belts but I like to shop for new and interesting textures to add a little more pop. In this example, I went for basic black, but I updated the look with a thin yellow belt and yellow pumps for color. The photo was never captured. Worn, well before I started the blog. 



Turtleneck Dresses:


This is staple in my wardrobe! I actually wore one last week when trying to capture the layered necklace look from The Devil Wears Prada. I even bought a t-neck maternity dress but never took a photo. I was embarrassed by the size of my chest in the dress and didn’t need that documented! 



Emerald Green Dresses:


So this look is clearly from Halloween where my husband and I went as Dean McDermott and Tori Spelling. I was going for her Mommywood book cover, but I would definitely wear this dress out! I love the cut and color and BCBG is one of my favorite designers. I need the right occasion to present itself and with enough time to shed the baby weight! 



Twisted Dresses:


I wore this Diane von Furstenburg dress to a wedding last fall and this is in line with the twist effect that People referenced. The only difference is, this dress isn’t twisted and folded through out the bodice. I would invest in one of those as well.



There were several other trends that were mentioned and ones that I would wear but don’t own. Some that piqued my interest were: quilted leather jackets, sequined black dresses, electric blue pumps and white dresses. We shall see if they make the cut! What, if any, of these trends would you wear?

No comments: