Friday, January 7, 2011

Another Example of Shopping from Your Closet

I attended a beautiful, fall wedding of our friends Megan and Mishi Schueller several months back and I finally downloaded the pics from my camera! With temps hovering in the mid 60s, I was unsure of what to wear. As my mom and I rummaged through my closet, trying desperately to shop there first, we stumbled on a Diane von Furstenberg dress I purchased two seasons ago at Nordstrom. The dress had never been worn and after wearing it, I’m not sure why. It’s a classic sheath dress in navy and black and really, it’s perfect for any occasion. It could be paired with tights and fun shoes, to help dress it down, and become a great office piece. A holiday staple for all those parties one might attend.



For the wedding, I paired mine with BCBG shoes I bought last season, fun earrings from Target and my Kate Spade cocktail ring I picked up for the occassion. I gave myself an amethyst, smoky eye and kept the lips neutral. I had fun with my hair, using large hot rollers to give it a little extra bounce. I am pleased with the way the whole look came together. I didn’t get a photo of just me, but was lucky to have it taken with my handsome hubby. Don’t we make a cute couple! 

No comments: