Thursday, January 6, 2011

Challenge Day Four - Movie Inspired


Coat: Tex by Max Azria; Dress: Isaac Mizrahi for Target; Tights: Motherhood; Shoes: Chie Mihara via Habitat Shoe Boutique; Pearl Necklaces/Earrings: My design from Shoe Girl Designs; Long CZ Necklace: Ann Taylor; Shorter CZ Necklace: Silpada


As you will see in another post coming later today, I recently watched The Devil Wears Prada so today I felt like channeling one of Andy’s looks. The look isn’t so much the clothing but the multi-strands of necklaces she wears in a couple of scenes. I designed the two pearl necklaces when I had Shoe Girl Designs and I think the concept holds up well today. The others were purchased. Not quite Chanel but I put the i for style spin on the look.


I was shocked that my black sweater dress still fit, not maternity, so I jumped at the chance to wear it. It needed a little something to liven up the color so that’s why I chose pearls and faux diamonds. I love the mish-mash textures and mix of dull and shiny. Plus, I didn’t want anything too extreme since I went for very colorful shoes. I purchased these Chie Mihara shoes back in November and not sure why I haven’t worn them before now! To quote Julia Roberts, “Big mistake! Huge!” The only change I would make is to wear more opaque tights, but that will have to wait until next season. 



No comments: