Friday, January 21, 2011

A Second Attempt


Now that I’m feeling a little more comfortable in the black and brown combo, I’ve been thinking about this outfit all week. I purchased this sweater on a trip to NY a couple of years ago and I always seem to forget about it. Not sure why either! I love the length, the contrasting buttons and the weave of the wool. I also like that it has capped sleeves versus long which makes it a little different than the average sweater coat I have in my wardrobe. 


Because of the wooden buttons, I decided the cognac boots would work perfectly. I have always paired the outfit with black boots and it kept the look a little dark. The cognac really helps pull out the color of the buttons and brightens up the look in general. If I wore this sweater combo with black pants, I discovered that I have cognac and black color block pumps that I totally forgot about. If I don’t wear this outfit again this winter, I will definitely add the shoes to my repertoire for next year. Thoughts on my second attempt at black and brown?


No comments: