Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Challenge Look Day Two

Today I went with a sweater dress and because dresses are predominately one color, you have to find creative ways to add pattern or additional color to the look. I went for leopard print shoes! Let’s talk about the dress first. I’m feeling one part Heidi Klum and one part Kim Kardashian. From the front, I fear that the dress might be too snug and that I’m shoving my pregnant belly in your face the way Heidi can on the red carpet. Remember the black dress and a very pregnant Heidi at the Emmy’s? Granted I’m not eight months pregnant, but I still feel a little full in the middle. The back side, not seen in photos, is a little reminiscent of Kim. I have to keep in mind this is a sweater dress and they can be a little clingy. Thank goodness for thongs and slips! They make a huge difference.



Coat: Banana Republic; Dress: Ann Taylor Loft Maternity; Tights: Destination Maternity; Shoes: Steve Madden Luxe; Top Necklace: Anniversary gift from husband; Bottom Necklace: Silpada; Gloves: Gift



The shoes are several years old but the print never goes out of style. I’m not sure why I don’t wear them more. In my mind, the heels were taller but really they are the same height as most of the shoes in my closet. I need to make a more concerted effort to wear these. I toyed with a pair of burnt orange Frye heels this morning but thought they made too much of statement. The leopard is perfect! Also, can you believe I found chocolate maternity tights? I’m shocked! Since this is a mix up challenge, I even went so far as to doll up the eyes. Instead of just cream and brown shadow, I reached for an older MAC collection that consists of burnt orange, deep purple and brown. I love this collection and the bold use of pigment. Once applied, it doesn’t look as daunting as it does in the quad. How is your own mix up challenge going?




Photo Credit: Photo of Heidi Klum via iGossip

No comments: