Saturday, January 22, 2011

Garment District Shopping


Coat: Gift via Land’s End; Hat: Jones New York via Macy’s; Gloves: Gift: Handbag: BCBG MaxAzria via Gilt   


Even though today was cold and gray, I really felt the need to get out of the house. So, my ever supportive husband agreed to travel with me to Power and Light so I could stroll the Garment District. I’ve been wanting to check out this little area of local boutiques for some time now and so glad today was the day! They were all having their end of year sales and both of us made out like bandits, as you can see from the shopping bags! Stay tuned for a review of the stores we shopped.


Because we were going to be outdoors most of the day, I knew I needed to add layers. I’ve been wanting to wear my black cashmere t-neck that I got for Christmas and decided to add a silver shimmery tank for both length and layers. With the 30 by 30 challenge just a week away, I have been scouring my scarves drawers for added accessories and found this white and silver one that was perfect with the tank. I paired the whole look my lemon yellow overcoat for color, silver leather gloves and black wool hat. A great ensemble for a day downtown. 



T-neck: Gift via Land’s End; Tank: Ann Taylor; Scarf: Ann Taylor; Boots: Enzo Angiolini

No comments: