Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Devil Wears Prada

As I’ve stated before, I’m having a blast with the mix up challenge I’ve presented myself. So, in honor of the fashion show I held by myself, I watched The Devil Wears Prada later that evening. Every time I watch that movie, I’m reminded just how much I love fashion. Patrica Fields, the costume designer, is brilliant. From the growth of Andy’s interest in fashion to the contrast between characters from their first appearance on screen, I was captivated and wanted one of each in my closet! Here are just a few examples of how details make a look come together.



This fabulous coat was designed by Lewin and I can’t say enough about it. The color, especially with the leopard cuffs and collar, are all you need! Notice the neutral shoe and simple hair? Perfect!


Image via shoponline2011.com



I love the multiple strands of Chanel necklaces! When I was designing jewerly, I tried desperately to re-create the look, but alas, no dice! I’ve also tried to re-create the white blouse under the off the should sweater, but again no luck. One day I will master this!


Image via rebecca-june



Look familiar? That’s right, it’s a winter white coat! I love mine and so glad I made the investment. This coat was designed by Yigal Azrouel and I love the covered plackett. Similar to the one I wore just today!


Image via bjornsrandoms



I could NEVER pull off this look, however, I love everything about it! The tough chained belt turned just to the side versus head on, the shredded mini, the tiny bolero jacket…what’s not to love!


Image via photographymade-well



The demure side of Andy. The soft hair is timeless and I’ve tried countless times to achieve the ruby red lips. This truly is beauty at it’s best.


Image via filmcritic1963

No comments: