Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Challenge Look Day Three - Kinda Collegiate

I am having a blast with this mix it up challenge. So much so that I played dress up last night when I got home. I discovered a ton of things that I can actually wear that aren’t maternity! How awesome is that? I should have taken the time weeks ago to rummage through the ol’ closets, try stuff on and sort through the things that actually fit. Better late than never!



Coat: Tulle; Sweater: J.Crew; Cami: Ann Taylor; Skirt: A Pea in a Pod; Tights: Hue via Macys; Booties: Sam Edelman via Lori’s; Necklace: Gift


This skirt was a great sale find at A Pea in a Pod last month and with all the colors in the skirt, I knew I could find a few other things than black to pair it with. (seen here) Originally, I tried a gray t-neck in addition to the gray tights and booties. Too much gray! The ivory sweater helps break it up and gives lightness to the whole look. Notice the difference in patterns with my tights and skirt? I like the contrast and I don’t feel like they compete. My first attempt in mixing patterns! I felt so 60s collegiate this morning that I decided to add my signet necklace. Very retro in monogram but modern in structure. I’m so happy with the way the whole look came together. 




No comments: