Friday, September 30, 2011

Special Occasion Thursday


Jumpsuit: Bar III via Macy's; Jacket: My Mom's;
Shoes: Seychelles via Habitat Shoe Boutique; Belt: ??;
Jewerly: Silpada; Shades: Prada

I love a jumpsuit these days. They're easy to style, super comfortable and perfect for day or night. I purchased this little number in early summer and was saving it for a special occassion. Then I asked, why? I just wasn't feeling it this week in terms of styling my wardrobe and found myself lost for something to wear yesterday. That was until I found this hanging with my "fun going out" clothes. Since going to work is about the only going out I do, that's when Thursday became a special occasion.

The jumpsuit is strapless so a jacket was a must. I tried a couple of leather ones but they made it a little too conservative. This little vintage item of my mom's is just the right denim for pretty much anything in my closet that needs a jacket. To add to the plain elastic waistline, I tried a couple of belts and landed on the little metalic one. It just worked so well with the silver gray background. The shoes where a pain in the rump because the length is tricky. Not long enough for heels and not short enough for flats. These Seychelles, the best investment sandal ever, was just a tad too high but I think I got away with it.


Isn't the pattern awesome! I just wish the legs were a little wider. And, if only my hips were much smaller! I have the most amazing vintage belt that belonged to my mom. I "stole" it in high school, back when I was much thinner, and never gave it back! I will wear that belt again....

1 comment:

Beso.com said...

Great jumpsuit! Chic and comfortable-I'm all for it!Thank you for entering the Beso Win an Iconic Trench Giveaway! Good luck – xoxo.