Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mad Men Styled My Way


Sweater/Tank: Ann Taylor; Skirt: Kate Spade via Sample Sale;
Belt: Ann Taylor; Tights: Hue; Shoes: Jessica Simpson;
Earrings: Hope Faith Miracles; Cuff: Banana Republic

I was super excited that yesterday was chilly enough for tights and because of that, I knew I would wear either a skirt or dress. As I began to plan the outfit, I could see it turning into my version of a Mad Men look. I love how Mad Men has revived the look of the 60s and that Banana Republic created a line of clothing around the show as well. Such a classic, ladylike look amung all the low waist jeans and mini skirts you see these days.

Besides the tights, this look started with the skirt and I added on from there. Next came the sweater and then the black tank. I tucked in the tank which left a boring waistline so I added the little faux snakeskin belt. And finally the patent leather round toe heels.

(Looks from the Mad Men Collection from Banana Republic)  

The buttons are tiny crystal buttons that look like little flowers. I went with crystals for jewels as well. I chose the Mystical Flowers from the Hope Faith Miracles line and a large vintage inspired cuff.




Would you say I achieved the Mad Men look?




Photo of the Mad Men line from Banana Republic courtesy of Crash Collective

No comments: