Monday, October 3, 2011

United

Jacket: Banana Republic; T-Neck: United Colors of Benetton;
Tank: Target; Jeans: Joe's Jeans;
Shoes: Moshino Cheap and Chic; Earrings: Silpada

United Colors of Benetton that is. Do you remember back in the mid 80s when Benetton was the newest, coolest place to shop? My first Benetton experience was in NY at the age of 13. My aunt took me for my birthday, along with my mom, and upon arrival my mom and aunt decided that I could no longer sport the innocent clothing of my youth. It was time for a makeover! Those pieces are still vivid in my mind, and if I could find the boxes of clothing from my parents last move, I could almost guarantee I still have a few of those pieces! I have GOT to find that box!

I purchased the t-neck at the United Colors of Benetton store in the Mall of America back in 2008. I haven't worn it until now. I loved how sheer it was and the delicate pattern throughout. I loved it so much I guess I was afraid to wear it. Actually, I don't know the real reason, but glad I pulled it out of the archives. And, I love it with this leather jacket.



Friday was gorgeous! I needed the jacket in the early morning and early afternoon, but by quittin' time this thin top and tank pairing were perfect. I love layers!

No comments: