Monday, September 26, 2011

Date Night #2

Blouse: Just Cavalli via Rue La La; Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft;
Belt: J.Crew Outlet; Shoes: Ann Taylor;
 Necklace: Tori Spelling via HSN

 I have been waiting for the right occasion to break out this blouse and Saturday night was the perfect night! Joel and I had our second date night since April, long overdue, and it was a great evening. We had dinner at a local steak house and saw a fantastic production of The Drowsy Chaperone starring tons of our friends. Wonderful conversation with my hubby over dinner and huge laughs to end the evening. Perfection!

There are several things I will do differently with this blouse next time around, but overall I think it came together fairly well. I'm not used to tucking in my tops and I don't really have the right belts to accomodate. My hips are obviously larger than my waist so I need larger belts for jeans and pants. This little hot pink number was just a tad too small but worked for a last minute fix. And, I think I'll pair it with black or a cheetah print next time.


I love this necklace but I haven't really had the right top to wear pair it with until now. Because it's multi-layers the pearls are too tight with a t-neck, which I tried last winter. You really need an open neckline. And, because the sleeves are so dramatic, it needed a little drama in the accessories department as well.


A great example of a ladies tuxedo shirt. And the silk felt amazing!


Next time I might try skinny jeans and over-the-knee boots or winter white pants and amazing shoes. This is the kind of top that you can make casual or take uber dressy. I love a good versatile piece!



No comments: