Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Color Slump

Dress: Milly via Rue La La; Sweater: J.Crew;
Shoes: Steven by Steve Madden;
Rings: Gorjana; Earrings: Gift

 I have noticed over the past week or so most of my looks have contained either black or gray. I don't think I'm depressed but maybe it's my subconscious telling me I am. Well, even if that's the case, I love these colors. Together they are rich in tone but separately, they are a blank canvas for the bright colors that are continuing into fall and winter. 

I purchased this dress from Rue La La while I was still pregnant, hoping it would fit later in the year. When I tried it on a couple of months ago, no dice. I'm so happy that it now zips all the way up and doesn't pull!  It's the little things!




The thing that caught my eye were the button and chains. Little elements like this make a gray jersey dress so much more than just a little shift dress. And the shoes have been in my closet since a NY trip with my friend Jennifer in either 2008/2009. I may appear to purchase and purge shoes all the time, but timeless styles like these will stay in my closet, and yours, for years!

No comments: