Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Zoe Report's Fall Trend Watch - #2 Everything Eyes

The second fall trend on The Zoe Report is Everything Eyes. Eye makeup this fall is "fierce", to quote Christian Siriano. From jewel tone shadows and eyelash thickening mascaras, to patches you can use for eyeliner. Dior offers Velvet Eyes, a set of innovative eyeliner "patches" that are ready to wear in minutes. Designed by Dior makeup artists, these patches are a sticker or transfer tattoo for those who aren't quite handy with liquid liner. Backstage Eyeliners-To-Wear Multi-Wear Adhesive Eyeliner Patches

Dior also offers a brow shaping stencil set. The Backstage Brow Design Brow Shaping Stencils Kit includes a selection of easy-to-use stencils and two brow pencils for reshaping the brows.
Backstage Brow Design Brow Shaping Stencils Kit
Now, as you most of you readers know, I am just as obsessed with makeup as I am with fashion. I dabble in all different lines but my favorites are MAC and Chanel. I did a huge blog post entitled The Eyes Have It. I followed that post up with a tutorial The Eyes Have It: A How To. I showed how I apply a Classic Eye and A Smokey Eye, but I haven't done anything around the fabulous liquid liner and the different Cat Eye options that are out there. Will I buy the Velvet Eyes, probably not, but I will play around with my liquid liners to see what I can come up with on my own.

So, did I achieve Fall Trend for Everything Eyes? I think I did. I'm willing to play around with cosmetics to give myself everything from a neutral lid to one with power. Done and done in my book!

No comments: