Wednesday, September 11, 2013

An Exploration


Dress: Land's End; Jacket: Levi's; Shoes: Steven by Steve Madden;
Belt: Ann Taylor; Sunnies: MARC by Marc Jacobs; Bracelets: Ralph Lauren;
Lip Color: Mary Kay Mystic Plum (c/o Style Hunters
 
As I continue to explore a way to wear fall in this oppressive heat, I stumbled on this dress that had been pushed to the back of the closet. That happens from time to time. You get to cleaning, you move things around from season to season, and while exploring your closet you find a little gem. The jewel tone color of the dress is a perfect color for fall, and the fact that it's sleeveless and airy, helps keep me cool!
 
The first time I wore this look, I feel like the shape of the dress was lost. This time, I added a thinner belt which helped accentuate the waist line and the denim jacket helped balance out the volume of the dress where the caridgan made it a little frumpy. Adding a somewhat neutral shoe and gold accessories completed the look. I can't wait to style it later in the fall with hopeful cooler temps!
 

 
The Dress: Before and After

 
 

 
 
 
You Might Also Like.........................................................................
 
   





No comments: