Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Kick Off to Fall


Sweater: Michael Kors; Shirt: J.Crew Factory; Jeans: LOFT;
Wedges: c/o Sole Society; Sunnies: MARC by Marc Jacobs; Rings: Gorjana via Gilt;
Belt Bag: Rachel Zoe; Watch: Emporio Armani (gift); Lip Color: MAC Dark Side
 
This past weekend was the annual Plaza Art Fair here in Kansas City and I consider this event the true kick off to fall!! I even dressed the part, but was dying by mid afternoon. You see, when we left our house, it was 62 degrees. That to me is perfect fall sweater weather. By the time we got there, it was as if the temperature changed by 20 degrees and it was a sweltering 85! I'm not sure what the actual temp was, but it was not sweater weather. As soon as we took these photos, I lost the sweater and finally sported the denim on denim look. I will capture pics of a similar look in the future. What I can say is that I'm no longer afraid of denim on denim!
 
I purchased this sweater last winter when I saw Blair, of Atlantic-Pacific, wearing this look. I too have a feather skirt, in black, and thought "I can make this work." I'm not even sure I tried, but will make it my goal this fall/winter! I love the metallic gold with a hint of black peeking through, and secretly, I love that it's my school colors without screaming black and gold!
 
I went with all denim look to showcase the sweater and added my Rachel Zoe belt bag for a handsfree afternoon! Also, those Geri wedges are still going strong as the perfect transition to fall shoe!
 
 
 
 



 



No comments: