Friday, September 20, 2013

So Shiny!


Metallics are back for fall and I love the shiny little numbers I'm seeing everywhere! I'm a huge fan of metallics. The yadd shimmer and shine to any look, but you have to be very careful with them. Because they are such a statement, the use needs to be limited. A belt, a shoe, a handbag or nail polish is one way to add a small amount when trying metallics for the first time. However, if you are a master of metallics, then go bold! Add a skirt or top for a bolder look. I've picked a few of my favorites! Check them out below.


The belt on the left is from ASOS and I've had my eye on this version for quite some time! And the price is definitely right! J.Crew offers a much wider version that's all metallic and shiny! I would definitely add this to an all black look for a huge pop of color!


 
Another way to add shine is by placing it on your feet! A hint from under jeans or a full sheen while wearing a dress or skirt is dazzling! With these two versions from J.Crew, your look will be bright all day! I have a DIY of the silver oxford coming soon!
 

 
Let's talk major shine! If you are ready to take metallics full on, then go bold with a skirt or top! The skirt from MILLY is amazing and can go dressy or casz! I would have no problem wearing this bold skirt to work! The top, from Piperlime, is darling! I love the peplum, the metallic threads and copper color for fall!


Handbags are fun way to add that pop of metallic! The Cambridge Satchel is subtle in silver and the Rebecca Minkoff is soft in rose gold. (I have a crossbody version of Rebecca Minkoff's and I love it for weekends and travel when I want to be handsfree!)


 
Lastly, a swipe of metallic across your nails is the easiest, and most affordable way, to try the trend! Check out these from Essie and Deborah Lippman.



What do you think of the metallic trend for fall? Is this something you will continue to sport? If you haven't tried metallics in the past, will you now? Which one suits you best? Let's discuss!
 
Happy Friday!


No comments: