Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cheating Navy

Denim Jacket: Levi's (similar); Sweater: Macy's; Skirt: Anthropologie; Belt: Ann Taylor;
Boots: Halogen via Nordstrom (similar); Handbag: J.Crew (gift); Necklace: Baublebar; 

 I cheated a little when putting this look together. The skirt has navy polka dots, which I was worried about when I purchased it. The first time I paired navy tights with gray booties, which I liked, but didn't want to go that route again. This time I opted for black! Because the navy is so dark, and the dots so small, the black really plays well.

I've really been focusing on investment pieces within my closet and I want to share my findings with you. A denim jacket is something you really should add, if you don't have one already. I want to invest in a darker version as well. I like this one and it's on sale! In the year since I purchase my jacket, I've really gotten my money's worth! Here are some of the ways I've worn it: 1/2/3/4/5.

 

The Skirt: Before and After







I really like how the handbag pops against the red. Accessories are so crucial in completing your look, no? Happy Wednesday!

No comments: