Friday, September 27, 2013

Dream to Reality - Edgy Trench


I hope to turn this into a weekly, or monthly, segment on the blog. There are so many pieces that I dream about owning and would love to make them a reality in my closet! Sometimes they're sold out by time time I discover them and sometimes they are just too out of my price range to justify making them a reality!
 
This post was inspired by this dream piece from Rachel Zoe! I love a good trench, but I adore that this one is olive instead of the traditional khaki. It has tons of edge with it's leather sleeves, exposed zippers and major buckles. However, the cost is something that would keep this trench far from my coat closet!!
 
 
Then, while shopping at H&M over the weekend, I found this pretty amazing trench! Is it olive? Check! Does it have leather faux leather sleeves? Check! And, it has one thing better. Quilted faux leather sleeves! What it's missing is exposed zippers and buckles! I can amp it up at the waist with a belt like this one.

 
I love how similarly these coats were styled by two very different stylists! And, I know I can recreate the looks from my own wardrobe!
 
What do you think of my reality?
 
Happy Friday!!


No comments: