Friday, February 8, 2013

Sweet with an Edge

Jacket: MICHAEL Michael Kors (similar); Top: Ann Taylor (on sale); Jeans: LOFT (similar);
Boots: Halogen via Nordstrom (similar); Handbag: BCBGenerations (similar);
 Earrings: Gorjana; Sunnies: Tom Ford; Lip Color: NARS Shanghai Express

Have I told you how much I love my leather moto jacket? Well, I do! It truly is an easy piece to style because it goes with everything! When planning my look, I knew I wanted to wear black and white paired with the jacket, but I wasn't sure what to wear with it. I ran several scenarios through my head and landed on the Peter Pan collar top. A little bit of sweet with a little bit of edge. Skinnies with tall boots complete the look.

I wanted to keep my accessories minimal, since the jacket is such a focal point, so I went with a simple pair of dangles and cigar band ring. And speaking of accessories, I'm constantly stating that jackets, outwear and handbags are an extension of your look, however I rarely seem to show them. I am going to try to make a more concerted effort to do so. I mean, if I'm going to preach it I should follow through! Instead of carrying my standard black handbag, I pulled out my purple one. I love this bag! And it really compliments the look with the leather and chain effects!


I am really trying to amp the wow factor by playing around with darker lip colors. As we transition from winter to spring, I will start to lighten up the color but still go for something that's bold. I've never really been a lipstick girl. If I wore any, it was for special occasions or a night out. And, I found I would only apply it once and forget about it. It really does add a little something to your every day look. 


 
The Top: Before and After





If you are thinking about investing in a motorcycle jacket, now is the time to do it! As stores start to transition to spring/summer, sales are abundant. And, they rarely go out of style so go for it! You have my permission!

Happy Friday!

No comments: