Thursday, February 28, 2013

Building My Closet

By the title of this post, one would think I was actually building a closet. I so wish that were the case! I could use a new closet. Like a huge closet that was the size of a spare room. That is my dream! To buy a five bedroom house and turn the fifth bedroom into MY closet. Not one that I would share with anyone else in the house. A space that would be all mine. I would have an island in the center filled with my jewelry, scarves and other odds and ends. I would have a settee, a wall for just my shoes, shelving for handbags and a chandelier hanging in the center of it all. It would be a true celebrity closet!


Until then, I am building my tiny closet with spring and summer essentials. I previous blogged about some amazing pieces from Ann Taylor and from that post I now own pretty much everything! Okay, the only thing I don't own is the 3/4 sleeve top. I wore the hot pink pants in Spring Looks Bright and I'm looking forward to wearing them again soon. With all this snow, over twelve inches, I can't get past Sportos, winter coats and gloves. These lovelies make me smile when I open my closet doors.

 


 Thank goodness for Twitter! If it hadn't been for Twitter, I would have missed a Tweet between bloggers that I follow and I would never have discovered this awesome button down from Anthropologie. I've been looking for a high/low button down and this one is perfect! Light weight with 3/4 sleeves, it will be great alone or paired with blazers and cardigans or belted for contrast. Chunky jewelry and scarves will be great as well. I love a good basic!


Printed denim is the new colored denim in terms of trends. Hang on to your colored denim, just make sure you add a little print as well. As it turns out, I already owned a pair of leopard print denim from LOFT that I wore all last spring and summer. See them here: 1/2/3. I added this colorful floral pair from Ann Taylor this past weekend! The possibilities are endless. They would look great with the button down above! Just add color with jewels or shoes. A colorful handbag would do that trick as well. Just make sure it's a solid.


I may not have hit the purchase button yet, but I have been stalking this moto style jacket from Nordstrom for several weeks! I love the contrasting sleeves and the neutral palate of cream. It's perfect to throw on over t-shirts or camis with my favorite boyfriend jeans. A chunky sandal or sweet flat would compliment the look. Should I just go for it?  


Does this winter weather have you longing for spring? Don't wait for the snow to melt. Start building your closet so you are ready when that first sunny, snow free day, is upon you!

Photo of closet courtesy of Closets by Design.

1 comment:

Womens Clothing said...

Floral print pants are fabulous. Loved a lot. Thanks for sharing it.