Monday, February 25, 2013

Dinner with Friends

Jacket: MICHAEL Michael Kors (gift); Dress: Piperlime
Boots: Halogen via Nordstrom (similar); Clutch: Banana Republic (old/similar); 
Ring: House of Harlow; Sunnies: Prada (gift); Lip Color: MAC Dark Side

Last night we celebrated a dear friends birthday by having dinner with a small group. We haven't been out with a group in ages, and because of that, I felt the need to dress up! Plus it was Oscar Sunday and who doesn't want to dress up for that as well. Rachel Zoe was the inspiration behind this look. I blogged about it a couple of weeks ago but I didn't have the right dress in my closet. After days of online searching, I found the perfect dress at Piperlime

This dress is beyond versatile! It is a summer dress with its crisscross back, but can be worn during the winter months as styled above. Pull a black, turtleneck sweater over the top and you have a two-piece look. I threw on tights and tall boots but peep toe booties would be darling as well. Fun jewelry and a bronze clutch were all the accessories I needed. Now, if only there had been a red carpet to the front door of the restaurant...

 

 

The Jacket: Before and After


 




Photo of Rachel Zoe courtesy of Posh 24.

No comments: