Wednesday, February 6, 2013

How I Styled It - DIY Embellished Sweatshirt

Sweatshirt: Target; T-Shirt: Target; Jeans: LOFT
Tennies: Converse One Star via Target (various colors);
 Sunnies: Kate Spade via Rue La La

If you read yesterday's post then you know I made this sweatshirt! Okay, I didn't make the actual sweatshirt, but I did create (and apply) the pattern on the shoulders. A new trend in fashion is the embellished shoulder sweatshirt. A little 80s, in retrospect, and it might be a huge reason why I've gravitated toward them. My original inspiration is now sold out but it resembles this one from ASOS (also no longer available). See, the trend is that big!!

I decided to go with a peach sweatshirt because it's a great neutral. I got this one at Target. Again, a little 80s in cut but still stylish! And comfy! To keep the look laid back, I added my beloved boyfriend jeans and Converse sneakers. I don't consider these true tennis shoes as I would never wear them to the gym. A great substitute for flats! I love this low key look!






So what do you think? Have I convinced you to try the trend? And, would you just buy a sweatshirt or take the time to make your own? Personally, I can't wait to wear it all spring long!

No comments: