Friday, February 1, 2013

Party Dress

Coat: Land's End (old); Dress: Kate Spade (gift); Cardigan: J.Crew (similar);
Shades: Kate Spade via Rue La La; Shoes: Manolo Blahnik (gift); Tights: Target;
Gloves: Gift; Earring: DIY; Lip Color: NARS Shangai Express

What is it about a new haircut? For this girl, it brought about a change in attitude. A little sass! And it prompted a look that was a little party girl! Okay, a sophisticated party girl, but that's okay. I'm older, wiser and so ready to take on a change! But first, let's talk about this dress!

I wore it on New Year's Eve and paired it with a darling orange cardigan. I loved the vibrant color against the black and white. This time around I went for color in my tights! I am not one to wear colored tights, but I really wanted to be playful in my "party dress"! I so wish you could see the contrast (see photo below). I'm taking the colored tights in baby steps. Maybe next time....red! WOAH!



 
 
 


Oh how I love a dress with pockets! Why doesn't EVERY dress come with them? A fashion necessity, right?


Remember how I said I wish you could see the contrast? Well, if I could have used my original background, you can! The wind was crazy and my hair was all over head/face. We had to move around the corner, but you can at least get a glimpse.

 
Now, let's talk about that change I mentioned earlier. I'm constantly trying to find my voice in the blogging world. What do I bring to the table that is different than other personal style blogs? What would you keep coming back for more? What is going to keep me focused on making this a better blog? And, what is going to bring more attention to my blog? Lots of things to consider over this way. I'm playing around with a few things on paper, and in my head, so look for more details to come. 

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Love the new length - and the dress!!!