Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spring Looks Bright



Blazer: J.Crew (gift); T-Neck: Macy's (similar); Pants: Ann Taylor; Shoes: Kate Spade (gift);
Clutch: Kate Spade (old); Necklaces: J.Crew/Talbots

As most of you know, I entered the Lucky Community blogger challenge for a chance to be featured on their Lucky Magazine home page. The rules were simple. Scour the pages of the March edition, find a trend(s) that you like, style them the way you want, take photos, blog about the look and enter. There are so many amazing things on trend for spring but I was really drawn to lace and brights. This was my brights look.

I am so happy that bright colors are trending for spring as I am not one to shy away from color! This bright pink pant is such a nice contrast against some of the drab colors currently hanging in my closet. I couldn't wait to start wearing them! I'll be honest, when trying to style them, I reached for as many bright tops as I could find. However, it was too much color. At the last minute, I grabbed this cropped blazer and....magic! I love the royal blue against the hot pink. And, it gives me an excuse to carry a clutch I didn't remember I had. Thank goodness for the organizational post a couple of weeks ago, huh?

Don't be afraid to start wearing your spring colors now! Winter may be in full swing and so should your wardrobe. It really helped put a spring in my step, although my darling pumps didn't hurt!


 

 
 


 

All photos courtesy of Richard Lawson

No comments: