Thursday, February 21, 2013

I Spy

Cape: Ann Taylor (gift); T-Neck: Ann Taylor; Pants: Ann Taylor; Boots: Rachel Zoe (gift);
Sunnies: MARC by Marc Jacobs via Rue La La; Hat: Target; Necklace: Banana Republic (old);
 Gloves: Target (on clearance)

I spy with my little eye a look that I love! And, while taking photos, my dad told me he thought I looked like a spy! Love that!

This all happened by mistake, which are looks I love the most! I've worn this cape so many times since receiving it for Christmas, yet I never get a photo. I've pretty much worn it the same way; skinny jeans, black turtleneck, chunky necklace and tall boots. That's how I planned to wear it earlier this week as well, but decided at the last minute to go with charcoal gray pants with a bit of a flared leg. I kept the whole look monotone with black boots and black turtleneck but still wanted a chunky necklace.

I'm not sure what it is about this cape, but every time I wear it I feel a sense of uber chicness. And what says uber chic more than sunnies and a huge, floppy hat! I love hats but I'm so afraid to wear a large hat like this only because some people may think "What is she wearing? Who does she think she is"? Well, I'll tell ya. I'm wearing this hat because it's such a statement and I think I'm a girl who can pull off a hat! 

 

 



Photos courtesy of Richard Lawson

No comments: