Monday, February 18, 2013

Saturday Matinee

Vest: Rachel Zoe via Gilt; T-Neck: Macy's (similar); Pants: Ann Taylor;
 Shoes: Steven by Steve Madden; Belt: Anthropologie (gift); Clutch: My Mom's (mid 70s);
 Necklace: Ann Taylor (old/gift)  

A couple of weeks ago, I blogged about what I might wear to a matinee of HAIR but I kind of went a completely different direction! Originally, I planned to wear a maxi dress paired with my moto jacket. A look that would channel Rachel Zoe. I still channeled Rachel Zoe, in a way, by pairing her fur vest with wide leg pants. This vest is amazing! I love the texture, the mix of colors within the fur, the warmth it provided and how it fit the theme of the afternoon.

I went with winter white to make the vest the focal point. It needed a little something so I grabbed a very wide belt and it truly elevated the whole look. Platform pumps, a statement necklace and a vintage clutch brings it all together. And that view! The Kaufman Center is amazing! A wonderful addition to the Kansas City skyline.

  



Photos courtesy of Richard Lawson

No comments: